Insurance Providers accepted by Medical Surgical Associates (MSA)
Before you consider weight loss surgery as an option for managing your obesity, you should contact your insurance carrier to verify:
- Whether weight loss surgery is covered by your policy.
- Whether MSA is part of your insurance coverage.
- Verify your deductible, copay (office and hospital), co-insurance and/or out-of-pocket maximum.
- Verify your coverage for the anesthesiologist and a possible assistant surgeon that will be present at the time of surgery.
Listed below are the names of insurance companies that in the past have approved MSA patients for weight loss surgical procedures. Contact them directly to determine whether they currently cover weight loss surgery.
(Last updated 5/1/16)
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- All BC and BCBS
- CareFirst BCBS
- Humana Access
- Humana Medicare
- Meritain Health
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Secure Horizon Medicare HMO
- Humana PPO
- Alliance Cigna