Get Started With Weight Loss Surgery
The process leading up to bariatric surgery varies depending on each person’s case. However, we would like to explain to you a basic overview of what to expect.
- First, please register online or call our office for our free seminar.
- We will call you within 48 hours after you complete the seminar to set up an appointment for an evaluation appointment.
- The evaluation appointment is scheduled for about two weeks after we call you. You will have a one-on-one meeting with the surgeon. Our team will guide you on the next steps to follow for you to be approved for surgery.
- After your initial interview, you will be scheduled for any necessary appointments needed for insurance requirements or clearances.
- You will need to attend a support group. People who have undergone bariatric surgery find it easier to make the necessary lifestyle adjustments when they have the opportunity to meet and talk with other people going through the same experience.
- Your medical record will be reviewed. After all your tests are completed you will learn whether the clinic’s nurse has cleared you for surgery.
- Your case is sent to your insurance carrier for approval.
- After the insurance company approves the surgery, your pre-operative appointments and surgery will be scheduled.